Feeding aquarium fish
The basic principles for the feeding of aquarium fish:
1. To feed the fish need 1-2 times a day, giving as much food as they’ll eat in 5-10 minutes. Fish, leading nocturnal, you can feed 1 time before turning off the light or when the light of the blue lamp. Fry need to be fed more often (more about feeding the fry here). The normal feed ration for adult fish is 2-5% of body weight for fry – 15%. It is desirable to develop a feeding schedule: feed the fish at the same time.
2. Don’t forget that Your Pets will starve. Even if You give them less food than you need, this is much better than overfeeding. First, in the warm aquarium water quickly rot uneaten food, fish already there will not be, and You will have to do the cleaning of the aquarium, as decaying food pollutes the water. Secondly, obesity affects not only people, but also aquarium fish. While people can voluntarily go on a diet or decrease the normal diet of the fish there is no such awareness. Some species of fish are prone to overeating. They will eat what You offer them. As the result, obesity, which can lead to infertility and the death of fish.
3. Beneficial times for a month to do the fish “landed” – during the day does not fed. It is desirable that the discharge day does not coincide with any change to the usual fish conditions(cleaning the aquarium, changing water, etc.).
4. The feeders for aquarium fish facilitates the feeding process. Dry food does not spread, sticking to the walls of the aquarium. Live feed doesn’t fall to the bottom, where fish are taking food from the surface or in mid-water, not find. Besides, the fish get used to the food in a certain place, and at the signal “dinner is served” floating to the feeder.
5. The fish easily produces a conditioned reflex to food. The signal “dinner is served” can be, for example, tapping on the glass of the aquarium. In a few days “training” to hear like a knock, the goal is to merge to the feeding area even before You throw in the aquarium the first crumbs of food.
What should be food for aquarium fish
The food should contain:
* a protein that ensures the normal course of all life processes, especially growth and reproduction;
* fats and carbohydrates – the energy providers;
* minerals for the skeletal system of the fish;
* vitamins for normal functioning of the body.