How to protect yourself from shark attack?
Recent shark attacks on tourists in Egypt were widely covered around the world, and the number wishing to have a rest on the Egyptian resorts has decreased significantly.
In this article, based on the advice of experts and professionals, we will explain how to avoid a menacing predator and defend against it in case of an attack.
Why did the shark attack humans?
1. If the person provokes the shark shows aggression, attacks her.
2. If a man invaded the territory of sharks, which she at the moment for some reason protects.
3. The shark can take wallowing in water rights for the largest fish or seal.
1. Do not swim near fishing boats. Behind them often has a plume of blood and the remnants of fish that attracts sharks.
2. Do not swim at dawn and dusk is the time of feeding sharks.
3. Do not swim where there are large schools of fish.
4. Do not enter the water if the body has cuts, scratches, and abrasions. Sharks can smell the smell of blood at a distance of several kilometers.
5. In places of possible appearance of sharks is not some random splash in the water. The chaotic motion of the shark perceives as aggression.
6. While bathing, do not swim far from the shore.
What to do if a shark near?
1. Do not make sudden movements and try to calm down.
2. Smoothly and slowly start to move towards the shore or boat.
If the shark attacked
1. Hard strike in the face, eyes and gills of the predator. To do this, use any objects caught in the hands (mask, snorkel, etc.).
2. Don’t pretend to be dead. For the sharks it doesn’t matter.
Only calmness can help to escape from a large shark that decided to attack, said the head of the marine program of world wildlife Fund (WWF) of Russia Konstantin Zgurovsky. “You can’t behave like a victim, you cannot make any sudden, panicked movements, it is necessary to slowly set sail. It (the shark) did not immediately attack, she makes circles, she floats around, she moves, she sighted”, says Zgurovsky.
An expert who had met with the sharks in the ocean, advises to remain calm, not to move frantically to save the chance for salvation.
Before the attack the shark touches them with his hand, hard, like sandpaper. “When she touched you, she may even take you seriously. This kind of testing to the tooth,” he says.
The expert does not deny that there is a slim chance to defend himself using scuba gear, letting out the air, but notes that “little effective.”